Meanwhile, in Writing Workshop, we have been learning about good writing workshop guidelines and how to use our writers notebooks. I want to share a piece of writing one of my students wrote in her writers notebook:
In Texas I want cake
Then I step on a rattle snake.
I got to the bakery just in time
Then the police thought I was doing a crime.
I ran and ran around and around
Soon I had to hide in the pound.
The police got stuck in a bunch of fog,
Then they ended up chasing a frog.
I finally made it to my house
And guess who had to chase a mouse.
He ran and ran as his ears started to flap,
I got bored and made a trap.
He fell for it and got a brake
Wow all this for a piece of cake.
I ate the cake covered in nuts,
Man now I want a donut.
By: Lennon
Isn't it so wonderful! We definitely have some FANTASTIC writers in our class!
Here are some photos of "tableaus" or "frozen pictures" we created today to represent different guidelines of Writing Workshop:
Have supplies ready
Listen carefully and participate

Think, imagine, and write!

Stay on task


No comments:
Post a Comment