Welcome 2015! I can think of no better time for a fresh start to this school year than today. For the rest of this school year it is my hope to create a a classroom culture of love, respect, and perseverance. It's my goal for students to meet all of our objectives, love what we are learning, respect each other, and to never give up in anything we do. This semester we are going to try and work harder at keeping a growth mindset. If you have never heard of a growth mindset it means students understand that intelligence can be developed. Students ( and teachers) focus on improvement instead of worrying about how smart they are. I'll admit and be honest- it's hard at times. But when we all obtain and keep this growth mindset, I see nothing but positivity and success flowing from us. Throughout the first few weeks back to school we are going to intentionally work at our growth mindsets. We are going to see our mistakes as ways to start new learning and challenge ourselves when we seem to be grasping ideas. I can't wait to get back and hit our feet running.
Watch the following video for a little growth mindset inspiration!
No comments:
Post a Comment